The Center offers three session opportunities for Boy Scouts to work on their rank advancements, Swimming Merit Badge and Lifesaving Merit Badge. During the class, instructors will work with students on their requirements; afterwards, a Merit Badge Counselor will sign-off what was completed.
Instruction will be limited to the following skills and students must enroll in advance at The Center. A minimum of 4 scouts is needed to offer the session.
- Second Class Req. 7a. 7b. 7c.
- First Class Req. 9a. 9b. 9c.
- Swimming Merit Badge Req. 1 through 10d. (excepting 8b. and 9)
- Lifesaving Merit Badge Req. 1 through 15
- $35 Members / $55 Non-Members
- If your son cannot be present for all of the days, make up training will cost $25 per 30 minute lesson.
SESSIONS: Check back for Fall 2014 sessions
- Proper swim attire, including towel and goggles
- For swimming Req. 4, long pants, belt, and long-sleeved shirt
- Blue merit badge card, signed by a unit leader
- Boy Scout Handbook
- Risk waiver, signed by guardian (available first night of class)
Contact Terri Lees, Aquatic Supervisor, at 816-300-0541 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time for your troop.